FOR THIS JOB
AO-1205 / SUBCONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR, Jura
For an industrial project in JURA, we're looking for a
• Participate to each Kick-off meeting to inform subcontractors about the procedures of administration (preparation of unit rate accounting, evaluation of extra works, progress payment certificates, bank guarantees, insurances to be provided etc.)
• Review in detail and approve the Contractor's progress payment certificates (PPCs) in accordance with the Contract, obtain all internal (Wood) and external (Client) authorizations and issue the authorization to invoice letter to Contractors.
• Review Contractor's additional compensation requests and offers, negotiate and agree with Contractor and issue the relevant Change Orders (CHO), obtain all internal and external authorizations, and send the CHO to Contractor for execution. Once the CHO will be completed, verify the final cost proposal from Contractor and approve.
• Organize weekly subcontracting meetings to discuss open commercial items and issue on a weekly basis the relative notes of meeting.
• Ensure that the unit rate accounting (pre and as built) approval is given in accordance with the contractual method of measurement and preambles. Following the verification of unit rate accounting by the Quantity Surveyor, if any disputes arise, inform Subcontract Administration Manager and organize a dedicated meeting to discuss the matter with the Contractor.
• Assure that extra works, claims, back charges, penalties and close out of the contract are performed / processed in accordance with the Project Subcontract Administration Procedure.
• Update each month the "Subcontract Administration Report" including all CHOs and PPCs issued within the month.
• Monitor the official correspondence between Wood and construction contractors and inform the subcontract administration manager for any critical issues.
• Draft letters to reply to Contractors and send them to Subcontract Administration Manager review.
• Follow up insurances and bank guarantees and inform Subcontract Administration Manager for the ones that are expiring.
• Ensure that all contract, unit rate accounting and CHO documents are properly filed and in auditable conditions
• Assist Subcontract Administration Manager for the evaluation of claims assessment and follow up until the final settlement and issue of the settlement agreement.
• Assist the Subcontract Administration Manager in resolving disputes with contractors, about contractor's contractual obligations, and participate, as required to the claim meetings with contractors
SKILLS & QUALIFIICATIONS
• hold an Engineer or a technical degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Subcontracts and Subcontracts Administration at site for Chemical and Oil & Gas industries. Previous experience in France is a plus
• Good level of written and spoken French and English
• Good experience in MS Office programs with complex Excel files
• Good communication skills and leadership skills
• Be used to work in an integrated team on complex projects
• supervise one or more Quantity Surveyor
Commencement of mission: ASAP
Duration of mission: 12 months