FOR THIS JOB
AO-1204 / QUANTITY SURVEYOR, Jura
For an industrial project in JURA, we're looking for a
• Check and approve: i) the unit price Pre-Accounting with the drawings issued for construction and; ii) As Built Accounting based on as built drawings submitted by construction contractors. Verify quantities and relevant economical evaluation according to the preambles and method of measurements stipulated in the Contract.
• Prepare and issue, on weekly basis, the report and the status of the (pre and as built) accounting for each contract
• Expedite and ensure timely receipt of the accounting from construction contractors
• Maintain proper filing of all accounting to facilitate any audit
• Liaise with construction contractors to verify their Progress Payment Certificates (issued on monthly basis)
• Assist the Subcontract Administrator in the assessment of Contractor's additional compensation requests and offers, negotiate and agree with Contractor and issue the relevant Change Orders (CHO), obtain all internal and external authorizations, and send the CHO to Contractor for execution. Once the CHO will be completed, verify the final cost proposal from Contractor and submit for the approval to the Subcontract Administrator.
• Participate to the analysis of construction contractors' claims
• Participate to the preparation of contract revisions
• Monitor the official correspondence between client and construction contractors and inform the subcontract administrator for any urgent issues.
• Participate to the preparation of official letters for construction contractors
• Follow up the expiry dates of Bank Guarantees (Performance, advance payment, etc), and the insurances provided by construction contractors.
• Participate the weekly subcontracting meetings with subcontractors and participate to the preparation of the notes of meetings after each weekly meeting.
• Participate to the continuous update of the subcontracts monthly report with the extra works issued during that month.
SKILLS & QUALIFIICATIONS
• Hold an Engineer or a technical degree with a minimum of 2 years' experience in Quantity Surveying for works in industrial plants;
• Good level of written and spoken French and English
• Good experience in MS Office programs with complex Excel files
• Good communication skills, be a team player
• Be used to work in an integrated team on complex projects
Commencement of mission: ASAP
Duration of mission: 12 months