FOR THIS JOB
AO-1187 / TAILINGS STORAGE AREA PROJECT MANAGER, Indonesia
For a mining project in Indonesia, we are looking for a
TAILINGS STORAGE FACILITY AREA PROJECT MANAGER
The position will require the coordination and monitoring of several and simultaneous activities conducted by various contractors / vendors at different locations and within a multicultural environment ( China, Indonesia..). The position will consequently require a high degree of flexibility and of focus to meet project objectives.
The position will involve managing several interfaces with other project area managers and disciplines (Engineering, HSE, Project controls, operations) as well as with external parties (engineering, consultants)
• Supervise basic engineering and detailed engineering studies carried out by the Tailings Technology provider and the main EPC contractor selected for the project.
• Review / comment engineering deliverables (mass balances, PFDs, P&ID, general layout, risks analysis, …).
• Ensure that owners specifications in terms of HSE, CSR, standards, efficiency objectives are well considered in the design implemented by the contractors.
• Liaise with other Area Manager (Tailings Dewatering Area Project Manager, HPAL downstream Area Project Manager) and project functions to ensure that their constraints are well considered in their respective areas and vice-versa.
• In coordination with the Engineering Manager and Procurement Manager, review and comment Data Sheet and Material Requisition for Material, Equipment and Technology Request for Quotation (RFQ). Contribute to the technical review of the offers received.
• Ensure the timely preparation execution of contractor contracts.
• Manage construction contracts related to his/her area
• Supervise construction activities and ensure safety & compliance with engineering drawings
• Ensure, with quality control and construction teams the reception of equipment and tailings structure ( stack area, ponds ..)
• Carry out regular reporting of project advancement versus contractor resources allocation in his/her area of responsibility
• Take ownership of the risks identified in his area of responsibility and ensure risk mitigation plans are up to date
Operation readiness & ramp-up
• Contribute to the development of the commissioning plan and related area detailed commissioning activities.
• Identify and develop safe operational and maintenances strategies to maintain geotechnical integrity of the dry residu disposal.
• Prepare the area operational readiness plan and implement the plan.
• Prepare operational and maintenance procedures related to the area.
• Ensure recruitment and training of the dry residue disposal personnel's.
• Ensure organization, personnel, contractors are ready when needed
• Ensure safe ramp-up activities aligned with plant requirements
PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
• Mining/ Civil/ Geotechnical Engineer with at least 10 years of proven experience in Mining and Metals industry acquired in large Tailings disposal Projects involving dry stacking and slurry dams
• Experience in managing large Tailings Storage Facility operations
• Good project management skills
• Good communication skills and diverse international experience, specifically in working with Western companies, Chinese / Indonesian engineering / construction contractors and equipment suppliers
• Fluent in English is a must
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment (China, Indonesia…);
• Software: Microsoft pack office (Word, Excel etc.)
• Indonesian and / or Chinese mandarin / culture awarenes
Position Location: Indonesia