FOR THIS JOB
AO-1186 / ENVIRONMENT & PERMITTING MANAGER, Indonesia
We are looking to recruit for one of our clients based in Indonesia, an
ENVIRONMENT & PERMITTING MANAGER
• Ensure the implementation of environmental regulatory obligations and ensure the robustness of environmental risk control approaches.
• Ensure the integration of environmental factors at the highest levels of industrial projects and practices in order to obtain permits, financing and international acceptance; in particular, to implement best practice standards and the environmental chapters of the IRMA standards.
• Ensure the integration of Indonesia best practices and environmental chapters of IRMA standards in line with project times.
• Promote E best practices and IRMA standards as reference standards in the projects that can be integrated into environmental regulatory obligations.
• Manage environmental studies and the implementation of the environmental impact management plan.
• Support the monitoring/evaluation reports of all environmental actions, integrating the regulatory indicators.
• Responsible to implement local and global environmental roadmaps.
• Assist in identifying main environmental challenges and risks of the operations of the Mine and other projects and in working with the company management to define and implement practical and sustainable (economically and technically) mitigation actions.
• Support the compliance of the operations with Indonesian regulations.
• Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the Vision & Mission and its associated requirements.
• Act in the best interests of our client at all times.
• Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time
PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in science or engineering, with environmental expertise
• 10 to 15 years of experience in environmental management in mining, commodities, or heavy industry background (ex. Chemical etc)
• Field person, with an appetite for "on the ground" action and communication with operations
• "Hand on" personality with passion for finding practical solutions and excellent relationship skills
Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
• personal well-being.
• healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and continuously improve health, safety and environmental performance
Position Location: Jakarta