FOR THIS JOB
AO-1183 / DEPUTY PROJECT CONTROLS DIRECTOR, Indonesia
For a mining project in Indonesia, we are looking for a
DEPUTY PROJECT DIRECTOR - PROJECT CONTROLS AND CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT
The position will establish and lead the Project Controls and Contracts Management teams for the Project. The Deputy Project Director - Project Controls & Contracts Management (DPD - PC&CM) will lead the individuals and organizations to a coherent, supportive, and aligned way of working.
The role is to provide leadership, integration, and management of PMO (Project Management Office) processes and functions to improve project delivery consistency and efficiency. He or she will also provide assurance to the Project Director of a high performing teams and that follows corporate requirements that optimize the project.
• Implement strategies, project systems, tools, processes, and events to build the integrated team, then measure performance with KPIs of all departments for a successful project
• Model good leadership to inspire direction and delivery, develop people, and drive continual improvement
• Direct the development of the PMO framework to support the project team and lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards, and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of the Project
• Support the Project Director in applying good governance, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all project activity
• Manage interdependencies and coordination across project phases to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders
• Provide high quality, responsive, practical, and timely advice to the Project Director on the effective management of the project, spanning across multiple contracts, reconciling competing priorities and interests for the benefit of best for project outcomes
• Identify and define the major project management issues for the project and integrate across diverse delivery and functional teams to inform the development and prioritization of project initiatives and to proactively understand and mitigate risks
• Provide input to the Project Director on the strategic coordination of multiple major contracts and initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the projects
Project Controls and Contracts Management
• Direct and develop the Project Controls & Contracts Management team (cost control, planning & scheduling, document control, risks and contract management)
• Ensure performance of the project team by active oversight of the planning & scheduling, analyzing & reporting (costs, progress, quantities, risks) and controlling documents
• Cost control: establish the team and systems to perform cost controls duties such as forecasting (cost at completion) , trending, managing change, to monitor details cost including the commitments in relation to the project and ensure that process are respected. Regularly perform variance analysis, identify risks & gaps and recommended mitigation solutions to Project Director,
• Planning & Scheduling and physical progress: to review and oversight the integrated development, monitoring and follow up of the Owner's master project schedule. To direct and escalate where necessary the contributors' intervention during the project; Ensure adherence of sub-contractors to master schedule targets dates and monitor sub-contractor performance in term of dates, progress and quantities achieved are in line with project objectives
• Document Control: to establish and oversight the project document management system including workflows, to maintain a system that assures the quality of documents, version control, managed review cycles and accessibility to all project stakeholders
• Risk Management: Continual attention to critical project risks. Maintain up to date the risk register and mitigation actions; Monitor and follow up the implementation of mitigation actions to ensure that all project activities are performed according to plan or a managed and approved deviation.
• Contract Management: Supervise the preparation and issuance all Contract/ Subcontract Amendments the recording Amendments issued and logging the revised Contract/Subcontract Price. The Issuance all formal correspondence on behalf of the Engineer and any other project office personnel. Providing assistance to the Field Contracts/Subcontracts Administrator as and when required. Monitoring and assisting in all activities of the Field Contracts/Subcontracts Administrator regarding claims negotiations. Direct and coordinate all discussions pertaining to dispute settlement.
PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
• Project control background
• Experience as a Project Controller for minimum of 15 years in large construction project or industrial environment
• Demonstrate Leadership and team building skills in a multicultural environment
• Diverse international experience, specifically in working with multinational teams
• Knowledge of Project Management Systems, such as: cost control system, Primavera, ERPs and Document Control
• Fluent English is a must
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment (Asian and European)
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• The role is located Indonesia, frequents travels to China
Position Location: Indonesia