FOR THIS JOB
AO-1001 / DESIGNER WATER INFRASTRUCTURE, Belgium
For a mission in Belgium, we are looking for a :
BIM DESIGNER WATER INFRASTRUCTURE
• Be a player throughout the execution of marine infrastructure projects
• Carry out design work under supervision of the project leader
• Responsible for the implementation and execution of BIM modelling for our marine infrastructure projects
• Assist the project engineer in dimensioning marine infrastructure projects following current Belgian and European standards, legislation, codes of practice and internal guidelines.
• Prepare designs (preliminary, basis, tender, detailed) for marine structures such as Port & waterways development studies: Port Master planning, locks, Quay walls, Jetties, Bridge foundations, Flooding areas, dikes, Breakwaters and perform analyses to find the optimum installation method of these structures; always with an open mind for innovative and alternative solutions.
• Set up and follow up developments in BIM systems for our product line water
• Support the engineers and other CAD designers in developing BIM solutions
• Set up BIM protocols in tender phase
• Develop BIM tools in cooperation with the team (BOQ generation, Information exchange, model share platforms, etc). Improve our BIM processes, install standard practices.
• The point of contact for BIM in our team and coach colleagues for all aspects of BIM (modelling & tools, view & review tools, contracting & R&D)
• Follow up and verify the drafting work with the CAD designers
• Communicate with other project members
• Reporting to the project leader and your team manager
• Develop your technical skills (BIM, Revit, Autocad…)
• Keep up with standards, new techniques and developments in your discipline
• Ensure knowledge development and sharing related to your expertise
• Graduated as a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or bachelor in engineering technologies or have 5 years relevant experience
• Have a specific interest in applying the relevant design codes and guidelines for the structural design and soil-structure interaction of offshore substructures or other marine infrastructure
• With experience of designing and drafting marine infrastructure works in 3D drafting software (BIM360, Revit, Autocad
* With experience in designing concrete reinforcement in complex 3D structures.
• Knowledge of Design Standards (ISO, EC, NEN, EAU, …)
• Knowledge of standards for Building Consent (omgevingsvergunning) in Flanders (Belgium) is an asset
• Analytical and precise.
• Quality driven and operate in a customer-focused way
• Team player
• Expertise of BIM/ CAD software (3D) (BIM360, Revit, Autocad, Civil 3D…)
• Proficient knowledge of standard computer programs including spreadsheets and word processing
Fluent in English and Dutch
Location : Ghent
Beginning : ASAP
Duration : 12 months